Cancer programs are free, easy to access, and provide valuable services to your patients.
Like you, we know how critical it is for your patients to be proactive about their health, particularly when it comes to cancer prevention, screening, and treatment. The services and programs offered throughout Delaware are intended to give your patients the power to reduce their cancer risk and if diagnosed, not just survive, but thrive.
It’s important to continue to encourage your female patients to get mammograms, clinical breast exams (CBE), Pap tests, pelvic exams, and human papillomavirus (HPV) tests, based on the established age guidelines.
- Screening guidelines by cancer type
- Who is at greater risk
- Symptoms for non-screenable cancers
- Cancer survivorship recommendations
Different channels through which patients can access services including:
- Screening nurse navigators
- Cancer care coordinators
- Screening for Life for uninsured and underinsured patients
- Delaware Cancer Treatment Program
- Survivorship education and workshops
- Cancer education for you and for patients